Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Reader comments

Hi folks,
Deadwood has been a favorite of mine for a while now. I watched season one and most of season two but haven't seen the rest. I might pick up the next part of the series to have a boo. It took me a few episodes to get into it but I really started to enjoy the dry humour in the show. Any other suggestions for series? Keep in mind that I haven't seen any of this year's TV offerings.

Re: stones in the garden. The stones came from the back yard so there isn't much of a story to tell there. I am going to collapse one of the flower beds that were installed by the previous homeowners. The bed is in a bad location and makes it hard to water and weed. The plants are being moved and the stones are being relocated.

I have a vision in my mind's eye of a lush tropical paradise in my back yard. The reality is much different. So far there are a few spindly shrubs surrounding a weed choked patch of green plants masquerading as a lawn. Weed and feed have been dispatched and we'll wait to see if it does any good. Starting this autumn the city is banning the use of pesticides so I have a small window of opportunity to eradicate all the noxious weeds on my property before I have to go "au natural". More to follow in a few months.


Name that pest

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell the Cat guys you have a caterpillar in your garden!