Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Internet banking

I just called my bank to ask about transferring money.

The agent who answered the phone told me that there would be lower fees if I made the transfer by internet instead of using telephone banking. This sounded good to me so I logged onto the internet banking system and tried to make the transfer. After entering all the required information I hit the "transfer" button but the transaction did not go through and I received an error message. The message said that the debit function wasn't active and I had to call an agent.

I telephoned the bank again and explained the problem.

The agent said that the account was inactive so the internet functions were disabled. She offered to reactivate them for me and said the services would be available in 24 hours.

Technically, the first customer service agent was correct. My internet banking fees were very low - actually they were zero. Not having services means that no fees were charged. Hmmm

No comments: