Monday, July 28, 2008

Wasp attack

I went into the back yard to putter around and was stung by a wasp. Not being the smartest person in Kingston, I stayed in the yard. Then I got stung a second time and got mad. After looking around for a while I found the nest under my deck. I made a quick trip to the hardware store and bought a giant can of wasp and hornet killer. There's going to be a wasp blood bath later today. hahahaha

Fortunately both bites were on the same leg, so I only have one gimpy leg, not two. My ankle looks kind of cool - it is about double the size it usually is. Doesn't hurt, though, which is good.

3 comments:

chrisrawk said...

that sucks about the wasp bites. I hope that doesn't slow you down in your training. I bet it stings to get sweat in the bite or to shower...

Unknown said...

I discovered that I had wasps in the lawn at the Mill Creek house after being stung. I sprayed the nest in the evening after the wasps had returned to their nest and felt that it had been very successful as I saw no more evidence of wasps. Several days later I felt vindictive while mowing the lawn and mowed right over the nest, saying "take that, you wasps". Not two minutes later I was stung twice! Really swollen leg!

Balcony Babe said...

Those little stingers pack a huge punch. After killing the nest under the deck I found another nest inside the metal railing on the deck. I didn't know they nested inside metal but apparently they do. The nest is gone now and I am on the lookout for their next hiding spot.