Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last day

Today was my last official day of work at the old place of work. I still need to go in a few times to tie up some loose ends, but I won't be working there any more. I'm sad to say good bye to old friends but it is good to move forward and start again somewhere else.

The move process is becoming tiring and I'm looking forward to settling down in Ottawa. I have been busy organizing and down sizing so there are a ton of little decisions to make every day about what to keep and what to toss. There is also a mountain of stuff to sort through. Actually, mountain is misleading. I have a lot of empty space in my place and it isn't nearly full.

I think that the challenge has been examining how I really live my life and ignoring how I think I live my life. The reality is that it is time to ditch the paraphernalia associated with old hobbies and interests so that I can move forward with the current interests.

In the long run, it is better to let things go and move forward instead of carrying around old baggage. Simplify and enjoy what is left.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is certainly a time for feeling nostalgic though. And for some last minute sniffing of the sweet scents in your garden.