Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Airstream DWR



Airstream and a company called Design Within Reach have collaborated to design a small travel trailer that is perfect for baby boomers. It looks very functional and has been made with European design principles in mind. It's only 16' 7" and is light weight and easy to tow. I stumbled across it while I was looking at used RVs for sale and it made all the other ones on the market look like cheap pieces of crap. If you are interested, you can google it and check out all the specs. Unfortunately, since it is new to the market you'll have to wait a few years before there is a good second hand inventory to choose from.

You're probably wondering who needs a designer trailer to go camping in, but let's be honest folks. If you're moving up from the lowly tent into a hard shelter you might as well pick up something that is comfortable and functional. They say that baby boomers have come to expect the best and who can blame them?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I suspect that the D in DWR stands for 'dream', not 'design', and what a nice piece of work it looks like. Definitely more luxe than a thermarest in a tent!

chrisrawk said...

Hi, I fiddled with the Blogger sign-in page and I think it might allow me to post comments again. here's a test~

chrisrawk said...

Ohh, I think it worked! Happy New Year ~

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qsMxbS86a4E&eurl=http://awesometapesfromafrica.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Today's Google news headline is "Hillary wins" - BUT - did she win a trailer?

Cycling Potato said...

Hey Balcony Babe
Your fan club is wondering where you are. Gone on a walk-about? Even your brother Eric has started some Bob Green workouts, and you????

Dad

Balcony Babe said...

The only workout that I did in the past couple of days was running through the airport. One flight landed late and I ran through terminal 3 at London Heathrow to get to my next flight. It's a good thing I'm in shape because I just barely made it. Anyone who's been through London Heathrow knows how long it takes to get anywhere in that airport. To let you know just how tight the schedule was between flights, I had 20 pounds in my change purse which would have bought a very nice coffee and sandwich but didn't even have time to stop and pick up a treat between flights. Had to rely on airline food and as you know - Air Canada is notoriously cheap on their portion sizes. I hate Air Canada. I have enough aeroplan miles saved up to fly anywhere in North America but I don't want to go anywhere because the service on the airline is so bad that I'll need a vacation after my vacation just to recover from Air Canada's bad service. Does anyone need some free air miles - I'll be happy to buy you a ticket somewhere.