Saturday, December 22, 2007

Feelin' the burn from two days ago

Today I hit the weight room and targeted the same muscles that I exercised two days ago. I wasn't sore after the last workout but as soon as I put a load on those muscles today I felt the burn. Right now I'm feeling some soreness but it is a good feeling. Supersets are working well for me. They get my heart rate up and minimize rest breaks. This speeds up the workout quite a bit.

4 sets of 25 squats interspersed with the olympic bar
O bar + 10 kg X 15 reps
O bar + 15 kg X 10
O bar + 10 kg X 10
O bar + 5 kg X 15

3 sets of each of the following:
forward lunge 12/leg
incline bench press w/ 10 kg dumbbell X 15

4 pt shoulder press 4 kg db X 15
straight leg bent over hamstring stretch 4 kg db X 15

ab twist with medicine ball 25/side
rotator cuff 2kg db 15/arm

leg lifts 25
reverse plank on stability ball 60 seconds

finished with full situps 1 set X 50 and 1 set X 30
stretched

Overall I feel really good after this workout. I had lots of energy tonight and the gym wasn't too full so I was able to do the exercises that I wanted without having to go around other people. Basically I will be feeling this tomorrow so I am going to plan some active recovery - probably light cardio.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

After my usual glasses (plural) of wine, I am 'feeling this' workout just reading about it so I am doing some active recovery aided by a large handful of After Eights.

Balcony Babe said...

I love the idea of chocolate as a recovery tool. Mint chocolate almost sounds like it has medicinal properties. Hmmmm maybe I should help myself. In fact, I will help myself.

What a great idea you had.